Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday's Sunrise

I'm starting out my day sitting at the kitchen table listening to Sixto make little huffy yaps at nothing, having a cup of coffee and looking at the sky change from night to day. It is a beautiful transition, amazing blues and pinks and yellows. A desert sunrise is a special thing indeed.

So is my the delicious pumpkin spice coffee from Trader Joe's that I get to enjoy this morning. I love October and the fall when flavors change to spice and colors change to orange and yellow.

Yesterday I thought I was going to have a very hard day, I woke up with anxiety and battled it with some cardiovascular exercise. There was a very challenging situation I had to work on and it was creating this anxiety. My inclination was to postpone the whole thing.

My friend would not allow that to happen though. Then another one jumped up to help as well. Thanks to both of my friends the three of us accomplished a huge undertaking in just a couple of hours. Afterwards I felt lighter, the anxiety was gone, my outlook was and still is so much brighter and instead of feeling trepidation I am filled with gratitude and peace.

Friends really do make the load lighter. Whatever kind of load it is be it physical or mental ... friendship helps you carry it and set it down somewhere else.

Today is going to be a good day.
-Nicola Byrne


If I had to sum up Friendship in one word, it would be Comfort.
--Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Post a Comment