Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day Eight ...

I'm finding my mood is all over the place today. This is not a bad thing, because as I notice my emotions are less than perky I adjust where I am mentally and successfully improve on how I feel. This is good progress. I am also looking at what would normally put me in a foul mood as opportunities to really practice shifting my emotions. To be able to sit back and say "well this situation isn't ideal but it sure is a good chance to overcome negativity" is a bit of a change for me. To say the least.

I'm wondering just how much to share here; however in the spirit of staying positive I will omit the minutiae of the specific opportunities and focus on what I turned my mind to.

Oddly enough it is work. Not work to turn my mind rather the work I do and love. I found myself walking around the gym this morning completely happy to be there. To see my clients and my coworkers and even the gym members and construction workers I don't know. Everyone was friendly. Happy.

Emailing back and forth with a new client, coaching her on the details of improving her health also lifted my mood considerably. It is great to be good at what you love doing and I am truly fortunate to make a living from helping others. It in turn helps me and so it becomes a never ending loop.


Surprisingly chipper,
Nicola Byrne

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.
--Harry Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment