Monday, April 25, 2011

Day Six ...

Today is payday and food shopping day! To say that my paycheck didn't stretch as far as I would have liked is truly an understatement. As I was driving around I caught myself grousing about the things I couldn't get and I noticed my internal dialog was growing into a real whine-fest.

That simply won't do. That's a glass-half-empty mentality, and exactly what I am set on metamorphosing into the glass-half-full mentality.


To me the necessary shift was simple and obvious. Stop working myself up into a negative mood focusing on what I couldn't get this week, because that is only a temporary situation after all and redirect my focus to what I was able to accomplish. All that I was able to do with today's pay. Once I did that my mood changed drastically and for the better. Incidentally, I was able to do a lot more than I had realized while trapped in my negativity.

In addition to lifting my mood I discovered I was self-aware enough to witness the thoughts, know they could be changed and to direct them to a far better place.

I'm grateful for the lesson I learned here.

Choosing better thoughts,
Nicola Byrne

Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant. 
--Anthony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment