Friday, August 19, 2011

Day One-Hundred and Twenty ... Recapping the Week

Our modem or something that connecting the phones and computer to the internet is not functioning, today I am at Whole Foods sharing their generous free WI-FI and a cup of delicious (but not free) French Roast Coffee. This is why the blogs have been non-existent. It is very difficult to do so over my phone which is surprisingly temperamental for such a little gadget.




Monday ... I experienced that letting go, not complaining, not forcing, and simple acceptance of the way things are can create the change or desired outcome I would like. Without any of the unpleasant boomerang effects of complaining, forcing or grasping. It was a powerful example of why swimming downstream feels better than swimming upstream.


Thursday ... Focusing on gratitude brings more to be grateful for. Last night Tom was given free tickets to see Viva! Elvis at the Aria. While sitting down in our seats, which seemed quite good to me, I was mentally saying a thank you to remind myself to put it in my gratitude journal. Next moment an usher came over and asked if we would like to move up a few rows. We said yes and he took us to the very front row. What an amazing way to see a fantastic show. I am grateful.


Friday ... Writing thank you notes is rewarding. Keeping in touch with friends and people who have had a positive effect and influence in my life is rewarding. It feels good and I am happy I am focusing on this.


The posts may be infrequent until my internet is up and running but I will be looking for things to post as I go about my days, as always.

Happy Friday,
-Nicola Byrne


See everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little.
-Pope John XXIII

No comments:

Post a Comment