Saturday, January 14, 2012

Inspired

Main Entry: in·spire
Pronunciation: \in-ˈspī(-ə)r\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): in·spired; in·spir·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French & Latin; Anglo-French inspirer, from Latin inspirare, from in- + spirare to breathe
Date: 14th century
transitive verb
1 a : to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration b : to exert an animating, enlivening, or exalting influence on c : to spur on : impel, motivate d : affect
2 a archaic : to breathe or blow into or upon b archaic : to infuse (as life) by breathing
3 a : to communicate to an agent supernaturally b : to draw forth or bring out
4 : inhale 1
5 a : bring about, occasion b : incite
6 : to spread (rumor) by indirect means or through the agency of another
intransitive verb
: inhale
— in·spir·er noun

It is my goal to inspire and motivate my clients, my friends, and also my family. They also inspire me greatly. Each one, in different ways.

Many months ago while setting goals for Rossi; a wonderful and active 67 year old woman that I am fortunate to train, she expressed the desire to be able to do a pull-up one day.

That zeroed in and placed a limiting belief of my own in the limelight. "I have a weak upper body and will never be able to do push-ups or pull-ups."

Rossi had no such belief and set a lofty goal. That, in turn, inspired me to act and alter that limiting belief.

Fast forward to today and no longer do I have a weak upper body. I can do pull-ups. I can do push-ups. Not only can I do them, I do them well and frequently.

I have shared Rossi's inspiring goal with other people that I train and have in turn inspired them as well.

We are all connected. Set your sights high. It is contagious.

-Nicola Byrne

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
-Epictetus

No comments:

Post a Comment