Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day Eighty-Four ... Sleep Attack

I woke up at 1:00 a.m. and realized I had not written and posted my blog, which means it is late! Today will have two. I really dislike when I do that however I won't go on about it.

Yesterday I intended to write about something I discovered while reading the book I am working on (Focus on the Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation by Mike Robbins). There is some writing and note taking to go along with the book, in the form of questions and answers. Yesterday I took a self-test where you write down "problems" that you want to work on. After spending time doing that you move on the to next part which is write down the things that you are good at. It was a little surprising to me that the list of negatives outweighed the list of positives by more than double.

It was a good test to show where I am at on the choosing better thoughts journey. At some point later in the book after learning the five steps of appreciation the self test is repeated. It will be great to see an improvement.

Have a nice day,
Nicola Byrne

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment