Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day One-Hundred and Three ... Quote of the Day

I was out all day yesterday working and after work celebrating a friend's birthday. When I got home at midnight it was late and way beyond my bedtime, however I am back to posting today.


A friend posted this quote on Facebook today and it was just what I needed to get me thinking and re-evaluating certain parts of my state of mind.
‎"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy."

- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
I found this quote to be empowering. Everything is under our control. It is a message I see around me continuously, thankfully, because it has not quite yet taken roost. I need the reminders.


Happiness is an inside job.
-Nicola Byrne


The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self-respect springs. 
-Joan Didion

2 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday we all need these gentle reminders my friend Much Love xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda :-) I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete