Monday, July 18, 2011

Day Ninety ... Peaceful, Calm, Accepting

While I know I still have a long way to go in feeling as peaceful, calm and accepting as I want on a daily basis, I have noticed an improvement overall. Letting go of having things "my way" and of "being right". Without forcing it or trying. Without actually thinking of it at the time I am going with the flow more than obstructing it. Later when thinking about my day I notice the difference and it makes me happy.

Resistance, attachment and aversion to things still make there presence known however. I'm only human. Ninety days of choosing better thoughts really has created positive change. They may be small, they may not be consistent just yet, but a pearl starts out as a tiny little grain of sand.

Persistence and time are the cornerstones of my progress. Yes, I have missed a few blogs in over the course of 90 days. And that's OK. This is a journey not a contest. I can't imagine anyone learning to juggle doesn't drop a ball or two here or there. In a way this is kind of like juggling. Juggling bad thoughts out and bringing in good thoughts instead.
Looking forward to day ninety-one,
Nicola Byrne

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't.
-Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment