Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day Seventy-Six ... Hot Hot HOT

I was unable to post yesterday due to no internet and no central air. The storm knocked out the central air on Sunday night. I have to admit that focusing on the positives opportunities, lessons, and moments is a challenge when it is close to 100 degrees inside. I feel bad for the pets, however they oddly enough don't seem quite as cranky as I feel. Maybe I can learn something there?

Anyway, this is why there was no post on Independence Day (Day Seventy-Five). The internet is back (gratitude, definitely ...) however sitting upstairs in the 100 degree office won't last long.

There will be someone coming to look at the central air unit tomorrow ... and after that we should have some sort of plan as to when the house will be cool again.

Living in Las Vegas is wonderful and beautiful but central air or at least air conditioning is a non-negotiable requirement during June, July, August and September (or most of it). This is clearly another instance of taking something for granted until it is gone ... I have a feeling I will be mentioning my gratitude for central air more in the future ...



I hope everyone had a great Independence Day,
Nicola Byrne


Don't look where you fall, but where you slipped.
-African Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment