Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day Eighty ... Heat, Humidity and a Rainbow

There was no escape from the heat today! Thankfully I still forged ahead and accomplished my myriad self-assigned chores anyway! I also did some reading, both entertainment focused and some educational. A storm moved in and it rained for a very brief amount of time. Too brief ...

The rain cooled everything down a very minuscule amount. Any drop in temperature and humidity is a blessing right now. I stepped outside while cooking dinner and saw a beautiful rainbow. I took some pictures but it just doesn't show up on the small camera phone screen well enough. It was much prettier in reality. The sky really develops a lot of texture, color and dimension with clouds here. More so than I ever perceived in New York. Especially as the sun descends, then the clouds pick up some truly spectacular colors.



I can barely see the rainbow in the pictures, it is transparently barely visible over the palm tree.

I love rainbows,
Nicola Byrne


My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky...

-William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment