Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day One-Hundred and One ... Vegetable Heaven

I'm not a gardener and I don't play one on TV, but one day I really would love to grow my own produce. Until then though I have the orchard I can go to and pick vegetables to my heart's content.

I made a fun trip there this morning with my friend and stocked up on a variety of winter squashes. Delicata. Butternut. Spaghetti. Some yellow variety I cannot recall. I also picked some amazing tomatoes, okra and patty pan squash. Amazing!

It was the most therapeutic and relaxing part of my day. Nature soothes and adds perspective. It is so important to get outdoors and experience the wonders available in nature. I'm grateful to have so many opportunities to do just that here in Las Vegas.

Good night,
-Nicola Byrne

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.
-Lindley Karstens, noproblemgarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment