Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day Fifty-Three ... Affirmations

Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed because I felt a bit low today. Not quite myself and lacking the ability to pull myself out of the funky mood. It was really hard to think of anything to write about today. It was hard to look for things to write about. I felt a little stalled.


Actually, there was no perhaps about it. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was in a bad, sad, maudlin mood. Almost all day. The need to write the blog sort of felt like a trip to the dentist. Looming in the background, find something good, find something good ...


As fate would have it inspiration for today's blog comes from Jennifer who mentioned watching this video clip to me this morning. Perfect timing, I really needed a little something to perk me up. I remember having seen it a long while back but forgot the message. It is sweet, it is cute, and it is uplifting. I'm going to borrow Jessica's ebullient attitude until I can return to my own. I love her heartfelt appreciation for every little thing!




It is nice to know that when I thought I was going to have a very tough time finding something good to write about it was dropped into my lap along with a remedy for my icky mood. Both the video and the inspiration from a friend helped me return back to my desire to better myself and see the good around me. It is always there if I just take the time to look for it.

I wish I had gotten to watch it earlier in the day, rather than later, because it really went a long way towards making me smile and shake of the blues.



I'm setting an intention to sleep deep, wake up refreshed and have a great day tomorrow. I can do anything good.


Doing good things,
Nicola Byrne


It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
–Claude M. Bristol

No comments:

Post a Comment