Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day Sixty-Three ... The Great in Today

Today I had the pleasure of talking with a new friend about book suggestions and it really started my day off just right. I did not rush into work or writing programs. I started off with a happy conversation and thinking about books I like. She had asked for a book recommendation. Something about being happy. Talk about being right up my alley! I recommended three books, one I have read, and two are on my "get immediately" list.

First, I suggested The Power by Rhonda Byrne (no relation ... )
Great book by the author of The Secret that just about everyone has heard of. I think the sequel gets to the point faster and has more easy to follow suggestions. Suggestions I still follow today. I could use a brush up on the book though.

Second, I told her about The Seed by Jon Gordon
This is a book recommended by the CEO of 24-Hour Fitness and it is newest on his book review list. I have read three other books by  Jon Gordon. They are great; fast and simple yet deep. It is interesting how he can combine simple yet deep in a book but he does. This one is about finding happiness and meaning in life and work.

Lastly, I told her about Focus on the Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation by Mike Robbins
I think the title sums it all up and makes it pretty obvious why it is on my must get and read list at this time. I have no idea where I came across it or how I heard of it ... I find that funny.


Grateful for all my friends,
Nicola Byrne

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should.
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment