Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day Seventy ... Thursday Thinking

I have no idea why but today I persisted in thinking it was Thursday and also kept on writing "8" for the month when I wrote out my dates. Maybe something big and interesting will be happening on a Thursday in August for me? I can only wonder ... It was comical however.

Just think, I get to do it all again tomorrow and it really will be Thursday ... Today was merely a trial run. Since today was quite a nice day tomorrow can only be better.

I am thrilled to see a big old seventy up there in the title of the blog. Seventy days of being fairly consistent. There was a hiccup here and there ... but it did not derail me. There are a great many more days to write about and many more lessons to be learned.

I am working my way through Mike Robbin's book "Focus on the Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation" and began the chapter on our obsession on negativity. It is interesting to know that it is not only me that falls into the trap of dwelling on what goes wrong; completely losing sight of what goes right and just how much there is to be grateful for every day. That reminds me of a quote I like very much:
If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one.  ~Cavett Robert
That pretty much says it all. Every day is a gift, because the alternative is to not have one at all. The fact that being grateful daily can change your day from unpleasant to wonderful makes it worth going through this process of becoming aware of negative thoughts and choosing better ones.

Reminding myself that today really is Wednesday,
Nicola Byrne



If we don’t appreciate ourselves, it’s very difficult to accept the appreciation of any one else or really to attract a whole lot of success into our lives.
-Mike Robbins

P.S. - Blogger was down last night so this could not be posted until the a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment