Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day Forty-Six ... Visiting with Friends and Family

This weekend was quite full as my two short posts Saturday and Sunday can attest to. My sister-in-law Suzanne and her husband Charlie were in town from NY for a vacation. My friend Rob from NY was also in Las Vegas on a business trip. Friday and Saturday we spent time with my sister-in-law at their hotel. Friday night by the pool we sat talking for hours. Saturday we went to dinner at a great Italian restaurant called Ferraro's and then went to Fremont Street to see Missing Persons playing. It was great. Late nights both nights though! I think I'm still a little sleepy from staying up so late.

Tonight we went out to dinner with Rob and I really enjoyed catching up and relaxing. We went to the China Grill and the food was very nice. Mandalay Bay was packed. Must have been a big convention weekend in Las Vegas. Dinner was early so we were able to come back and walk the dogs. I even had time to do some rebounding ... I need extra rebounding after all this dining out over the weekend!

It was great to visit, catch up and spend time with them. I have been feeling very homesick for people, not places though. Missing my family and friends back East. I love Las Vegas, and love living here, but I wish I could fly out my friends and see them all more often. I've been here almost ten months and that is a long time without seeing my family and friends.

It was so nice to spend time with everyone this weekend.


Grateful for a weekend spent with friends and family from back home,
Nicola Byrne


Sometimes our hearts get tangled
And our souls a little off-kilter
Friends and family can set us right
And help guide us back to the light.

~Sera Christann

No comments:

Post a Comment