Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day Fifty-Two ... Line Dancing

After having a great day off that consisted of going out for breakfast, some sight seeing, walking around the Strip, Town Square and making a nice dinner we ended it with line dance lessons at Stonies. Doing something physical that requires a lot of mental effort is a sure fire way of tuning out any kind of undesirable thoughts.

Not that I had any after such a nice day but while dancing I thought it would be a great way to eradicate a bad mood or negative thought spiral. There is really no way to think about anything when taking a line dance lesson.

Now I'm home and I can't remember the name of either line dance I learned. I definitely don't have a strong grasp on the steps either. This is the kind of thing that requires regular attendance (much like choosing to think positively requires a daily effort) or you end up forgetting what you learned pretty instantly.

Hopefully in the future I will be able to make it more regularly, because I really do enjoy it. It is downright relaxing, but physical as well. I like the combination of physical exercise paired with mental exercise.


Tomorrow is back to work for the next six days and I'm ready for it. A good day off goes a long way towards recharging and refreshing the mind and body.

Grateful for a great day,
Nicola Byrne

Dance till the stars come down from the rafters
Dance, Dance, Dance till you drop.

~W.H. Auden

1 comment: