Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day Fourteen .... Good Day or Bad Day?

My mind was all over the place on what to write today. Then it hit me. Why is it, when one single thing happens in the midst of an otherwise good, or even GREAT day in my case, suddenly it becomes a BAD day?




There are twenty-four hours in a day. I had a ten minute problem (insert "opportunity" there please...) and I let my mood go from sunshine to a storm cloud. Actually let infers passiveness, sort of like being a the passenger in a car, when in reality my moods are 100% my choice. I'm driving the mood bus and I have control over the destination and scenery.



Suddenly I'm having a "bad day". Have you ever stopped to weigh or number the good things and the bad things over the course of a "bad day" and see what tips the scale?

I did and today several very important and meaningful people to me spoke to me and said the kindest, most generous things. People I respect and look up to, friends and coworkers. My client sessions went great. The sun is shining. The sky is clear. It is warm out. I got ALL my errands done and had time to relax and do a couple of things for myself.  That is a lot of nice things.

Then there was one incident that I judged as bad and suddenly I was having a BAD day. A single ten minute snippet of time and it derailed me, however only temporarily.

The bonus is I learned from it. I had a bad moment, maybe a bad hour in an otherwise great day.

Turning it all around like a Rubik's cube  in my mind I can look for the opportunity, look for another perspective and make the shift I back to being thankful for all that I have in my life.


Thank you for reading,
Nicola Byrne

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.
--Francesca Reigler

2 comments:

  1. Wondered what had happened when I didn't see a posting earlier in the day ... glad you were able to push through the moment. Stay smiling! - Vijay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv Luv Luv it :-) Happy Day sweet one !!

    ReplyDelete