Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day Twenty-Three ... Getting Things Done

I am having a very pro-active and productive day. Getting everything accomplished that I want to and looking forward to my clients later on in the day. Mindfully working my way through a want to-do list and not creating a need to-do list.


It feels good to get so many things done in such a short amount of time. To also have a lot of time left in the day. My mental checklist has been eliminated. I've cleaned. Vacuumed. Done laundry. Swept and washed the kitchen floor. Weeded. Done the dishes. Cleaned the juicer. Run errands. Rebounded several times. Responded to some of my emails without getting sucked into computer-land.


It is easy to feel good when accomplishing so much. It makes me think that procrastination is a sure-fire way to kick start negative thoughts and emotions. Avoiding a to-do list makes the things on it grow larger and then they LOOM. That doesn't mean that taking the time to read a book, or relax and unwind isn't as important as getting things done though. In fact, that is probably something that should be on every to-do list. Take a moment to enjoy and simply be.

I'm going to take a moment now and walk the dogs and enjoy more of the gorgeous Las Vegas weather, mountains, and blue skies.


Having a great day,
Nicola Byrne

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing.  Action always generates inspiration.  Inspiration seldom generates action. 
-Frank Tibolt


No comments:

Post a Comment