Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day Twenty-Five ... Ice Cream

Today Tom and I decided to go to the Springs Preserve to walk through their gardens. It turns out that today they were having an ice cream festival. Really. So we decided to go anyway. Everyone had kids and basically we only had our "inner children" with us. We were game though. It was fun. Tom had a root beer float, I had an ice cream "sundae" which was basically ice cream with whipped cream. Very cute.

We did get to see the gardens, and walk the trails, and enjoy the most amazing and gorgeous day. In the gardens we saw all kinds of flowers, everything is in bloom, because it is spring here.







The panoramic views were breathtaking ... and went on forever.




A sundial perhaps? I'm not really sure.


Tom posing for me because I'm camera happy. He was a very good sport today, I took a million pictures.


And asked him to take some of me too. It felt good to be silly ...


The Springs Preserve is a great place, I love to come here.


I loved these cactus, they actually are heart shaped. Can you see it?


A marsh with water and ducks was very unexpected, I must say. But it reminded me of bit of back home, and that I loved.


 I think that is a yucca in bloom, but I am not 100% sure about that.


Grateful for a memorable and special day,
Nicola Byrne

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
-John Muir

2 comments:

  1. Great pics a wonderful day letting out the Inner child really enjoyed it xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda. It was such a great time!

    ReplyDelete