Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day Twenty-One ... Peace

I particularly love this quote.
Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.
-Author Unknown
Shopping in Babylon, which is where I lived before Las Vegas, I saw it on a mug in a small, local shop. I gave it to my yoga teacher, because she personifies peace and serenity in a way I truly admire.




Today I thought of that quote, because amidst the stress and hectic moments of the day I still felt at peace within. Perhaps it is the affirmations I listen to driving to and from work. Perhaps it is the gratitude list I write several times a week. Perhaps it is the rebounding and cycling I did today. Perhaps it is the conviction that everything happens for a reason and even these little challenges (insert "opportunities") are fleeting. Inside I know that even though today may not seem perfect, I am exactly where I am meant to be today, right now, at this moment in time.


Tomorrow will bring a new set of opportunities, growth and education. I'll be ready for them.


Peacefully,
Nicola Byrne


Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment