Monday, May 2, 2011

Day Thirteen ... My Four Legged Friends

I have three four-legged furry cheerleaders. They are always happy to see me, always ready to grin, to play, to show me love and affection. Able to sense my moods they even know when to give comfort. They make me laugh. They make me happy. Whether I am feeling down or not, they have the power to make me smile and laugh. Everyday, without fail.

My cheerleaders are Mugsy, he is a Pit Bull; Sixto, he is a Papillon; and Trinity, she is a part feral short-hair cat. They have touched my life for the better. I cannot imagine a day without them.

Their personalities are all very distinct, they actually have their own quirks that are completely unique and adorable.

Mugsy talks. He loves to have his blanket fluffed. He won't lay down until it is and he isn't afraid to let you know when he wants it adjusted. He even has a favorite blanket. Mugsy's favorite toy is a laser beam, which he loves to run around like a puppy chasing. He does not like to "do his business" in the backyard, he wants to walk in the neighborhood and sniff everything. I call that his version of catching up on the news. He loves to sleep on his back with his paws in the air and his head twisted, it looks so uncomfortable to me but he certainly seems comfortable and in a doggy state of bliss.

Sixto likes to boss everyone around and prefers it if you only pet him. He'll happily go so far as to insert himself under your hand if you forget and try to pet Mugsy or Trinity. His favorite toy is a mini tennis ball and his favorite game is to shove it under the furniture and literally vibrate with anticipation until you fetch it for him. He's a mastermind at getting his human's to fetch for him.

Trinity likes to play and races all around the upstairs howling at whatever imaginary friend she is playing with or chasing after. She has her own cardboard box that she makes an office out of. She loves to lay on top of whatever you are trying to read, any form of papers or book will do. Or clothes you just lay out on the bed to put on. It is just her way of saying hi, here's some of my hair to remind you of me during the day ...

They are my cheerleaders ... and they brighten every single day. I'm very fortunate to have them.









In love with my four-legged friends,
Nicola Byrne




Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.
--Leo Buscaglia

1 comment: